Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Best of 2013 - From my perspective

It's that time of the year where I compile my top 10 movies, albums and tracks of the year. Like previous years, I will make a list with no specific order...

As always, you should keep in mind that there's a lot of things that I haven't seen or heard... because I was lazy, because I didn't have the time, because I didn't know about it or simply because it hasn't been released in the UK, where I currently live... So feel free to make suggestions.

With that said, let's proceed...

TOP 10 MOVIES

*apparently released before 2013

TOP 10 ALBUMS*
 
Arctic Monkeys - AM
Vampire Weekend - Modern Vampires of the City
 Haim - Days Are Gone
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
White Lies - Big TV
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Kings of Leon - Mechanical Bull
Atlas Genius - When It Was Now
Foals - Holy Fire
Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze


* I wasn't really convinced with I've heard this year so far... out of the 10 albums, only 6 or 7 actually were great. The others, good, but in an "average way" if that makes any sense.

TOP 10 SONGS

Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Kings of Leon - Wait For Me
White Lies - Change
Atlas Genius - If So
Haim - Don't Save Me
Laura Marling - Where Can I Go
Woodkid - Run Boy Run
Klangkarussell  ft. Will Heard - Sonnentanz
Deerhunter - The Missing
The Strokes - Slow Animals

No comments: