Sunday, April 08, 2012

Destroyer - Kaputt (2011)



I got to hear the album Kaputt (2011) through a friend of mine, without having the slightest idea of what to expect. 

As I went from track to track, I felt more and more in tune with their music and by the end of it, I was impressed. I needed to share my experience in the blog and for that the research started to flow in order to provide a bit more details about the Canadian band, Destroyer. After scrolling very quickly through their wikipedia page, I was shocked to find out they have been together for the last 16 years and here I was thinking this was their début album. Felt like a fool... like I was missing out...

I'm yet to hear their other projects, but hopefully I'll find the same 80's groove with Summer flavour to it.
The beat made of a pacey bass and guitar, plus the addition horn instruments seem to bring back the heat from a time where Hawaiian shirts, Aviator Ray-ban's and the movie Top-Gun (1986) were trendy as hell. Not the best of descriptions, but serves the purpose.

Vintage Summer time...not something that I lived, but would wish to experience.
Kaputt allows me just that...



No comments: