Monday, January 16, 2012

Detachment - Trailer

I see movie trailers almost every day! Some look good, others look average... The bad ones I can almost avoid just by looking at them. 

Within this world of trailers, just a short compilation of images that are able to tell part of the story, some times you get a trailer that talks to you in a different manner... From time to time, you get something that moves you in such a way, you just know for sure something is special!

Obviously this isn't something for you to take for granted. I remember watching the Peaceful Warrior (2006) trailer a few years ago, and just being completely blown away. The movie ended up being a great disappointed...

"Never judge a book by it's cover", something that I always heard and I try to pass along. But every so often, especially in movies, the combination of certain attributes and facts enables you to take a risk or a wild guess if you may, and predict the outcome for a lot of projects. 

That's what happened with Detachment. As I saw various familiar faces on screen, being one of them Adrien Brody in sort of an essence that took me back to his performance in The Pianist (2002), I let myself be carried away by the intense drama, driven by the hands, of what I ended up finding out, of Tony Kaye, director of American History X (1998), one of my favorite movies!

Alongside with Mr. Brody, you have the likes of Marcia Gay Harden, Christina Hendricks, Bryan Cranston, Tim Blake Nelson, Lucy Liu, Blythe Danner and James Caan.

More than enough reasons for me to make a gamble and say this will be one of the best things that 2012 has to offer... 

... I really do hope I'm right!

1 comment:

Aline Correa said...

I think you're right. I am looking forward to when this movie comes out!